Good Birth Class Online
Do something extraordinary for yourself. Take a completely customized birth class from the comfort of your own couch. Together, with a small group of other first-time parents, we’ll get clear about what you need to have the birth that is just right for you!
You can wear what you want, eat while we work, let your dog out, meet my dogs (Peace and Baloo) and use your own bathroom.
Sounds pretty great, right?
“What month in pregnancy should we take Good Birth Class?”
I figure, the sooner you start learning about the birth process, the sooner you can start discussing what comes up for you with your care providers, get clear around what you need and how to best set yourselves up to have that in place.Click for what we’ll cover
- Creating your Collaborative Birth Team: who do you want with you for support at your birth?
- How birth works, recognizing labor, what to do at home in early labor and when to leave for the hospital or birth center
- Understanding Informed Consent
- Laboring in a way that works for you, even when things don’t happen the way you envisioned
- Customizing strategies for labor (positions, breathing, relaxation and rituals) based on what you already do in your everyday life
- What “Informed Consent” really means
- Pain Medication:your expectations, your fears, choosing the medication/s and dose that’s right for you (not just what you’d be given) based on what’s going on in your labor and what you need the medication to do
- Laboring in bed with an epidural as though you don’t have one
- Cesarean Birth: why it happens, avoiding an unnecessary Cesarean and Family Centered Cesarean
- You and baby just after delivery